Skip to content
- chishi – stone lever weight. Flat stone or concrete weight with a straight handle (typically 3-6kg). Originally an Okinawan tool for packing soil.
- nigiri-game – gripping jar
- makiwara – striking post. A post with the striking area wrapped in rope (hence the name) or leather.
- temochi-shiki makiwara – hanging striking post
- ishisashi – stone padlock, with uses similar to a dumbell.
- tan – barbell. Originally the wheels of a trolley.
- tou – cane or bamboo bundle
- jari bako – sand-box
- tetsu geta – iron clogs
- kongoken – oval metal weight (invented by Chojun Miyagi, typically 30-40kg)
- sashi-ishi – natural stone weights
- makiage kigu – wrist roller
- tetsuarei – dumbell